Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Blake Lively Talks Fashion and Being Her Own Stylist in Glamour July 2011

Blake Lively covers 'Glamour' July 2011. In the interview with the magazine, the 'Gossip Girl' star opens to her new best friend, singer Florence Welch, and talks about her personal style and how she gets ready for an event, becoming the face of Chanel's Mademoiselle handbag, her love for cooking, and playing darker roles.
Lately, everything seems to be about Blake Lively. First, the 23-year-old actress was spotted hanging out and hugging newly single Leonardo DiCaprio, thing that undoubtedly lead to rumors regarding a possible relationship between the two. Now, there are those nude photos circulating on the internet of a woman looking very much like Blake of which the 'Green Lantern' star says are 100% fake.

Besides, the beautiful actress also got a blockbuster this summer with Ryan Reynolds called 'Green Lantern', a contract with Chanel and she also graces the cover of some of the most famous magazines in the world. Her latest cover is the one made for Glamour's July 2011 issue. Blake looks gorgeous wearing a Michael Kors tunic and flaunting her dreamy blonde locks. Inside the magazine, the actress is interviewed by her new best friend Florence and the Machine singer Florence Welch and she talks about her personal style, being her own stylist, getting ready for an event, but also her career, playing darker roles, and becoming the face of Chanel's Mademoiselle bag collection.
On being named the new ambassador of Chanel, the Californian-born actress told 'Glamour' that, "It’s such an honor. When I found out I got [the job], you and I went to dinner and concocted this plan, like two little girls at a tea party, saying, 'Oh, it would be the best if we had a party. And you’ll perform, and we’ll do it in Paris.' Like you and I were in charge of Chanel!"

In 'The Town' Blake plays Krista, a poor single mom, a difficult role considered as being a strong, breakout performance. When being asked what draws her to those darker roles, Blake says that, "That’s the real me — that’s what you don’t know! [Laughs.] No, I’m drawn to those roles because [they’re so] rare, especially for someone my age. Women in film are often the prizes for the men and nowhere near as layered or complex as the men get to be. My character in The Town was written for a 37-year-old. I had to fight for that role. But also, I’m not this super-tortured soul, so it’s fun to be able to go there."

Still, besides acting, Blake also has other talents such as styling and cooking. The actress is super-fashionable and she is quickly becoming an inspiration for girls around the world due to her unique style which she describes as being 'moody'. "I should have you describe it — that was incredibly flattering. There’s no one thing I would say, because like me, my style is growing and changing, and it’s very moody," she told Florence Welch.

On being her own stylist, Blake says that, "You know, my mom modeled and made clothes, so I always had such an appreciation for design. And then Gossip Girl completely blew open the door to fashion for me. I’d go to fashion shows and call my publicist and say, 'Can I wear that?' I think I became my own stylist by not knowing any better. And once I was told it was time to get one, I thought: This is one of my favorite hobbies! And I’m going to pay someone to steal my hobby from me? That’s a terrible idea!"

The lovely actress admits she is more into the simple styling when it comes to hair and makeup. "I like it to be easy. I don’t feel like I have to do so much with hair and makeup, because I’m the mannequin for these beautiful clothes, so I never want to do anything too distracting. Most of the time, I put my hair in a ballerina bun, and I take it down and it’s wavy, and then I leave. I feel shy when people are fussing on me. And my diet of choice before events is a chicken potpie from Tea & Sympathy, because they never have enough food at these things," Blake said in the interview.



As for her passion for cooking, Blake also recalls the brunch she and Florence had and says that she feels extremely thrilled whenever discovering a new sauce or spice. "Puff pastry and then those little pancake balls. I’m always traveling, and I get so excited when I find a new spice or a new sauce. This is absolutely crazy, but I wanted a sauce from New Orleans, and they wouldn’t send it because the FDA didn’t approve it. I called the restaurant and I said, 'OK, can you buy a teddy bear and cut it open and put it in and send it?' They’re like, 'No, we are not the drug cartel; we’re not sending you your sweet potato sauce in a teddy bear,'" Lively told Florence.

1 comment:

kylieprice said...

You look so pretty in your picture in the collage! Brights are definitely you, they suit your complexion really well! :) I wear a little bit of both, just got into wearing bolder lips recently :) Nudes and light pinks have a special place in my heart though :)
makeup artists sydney

Post a Comment